16 – 17 April 2024
UNISON West Midlands Regional Centre, 24 Livery Street, Birmingham, B3 2PA
IN PERSON at UNISON West Midlands Regional Centre, Birmingham
This follow on course is aimed at existing UNISON stewards who want to further their skills. The course reinforces some approaches and procedures introduced in the initial stewards training and explores in more detail:
– Process for identifying needs and exploring what is and isn’t a case
– Recap on sources of information, especially the ACAS code
– Preparing for a grievance and a capability case
– Planning and building a case including interviewing witnesses
– Possible outcomes from cases
– Building confidence, getting organised and looking after yourself
Stewards must have completed either the 5-day Organising Steward course or the 10-day TUC Union Representatives Stage 1 course before applying for this course.
Please note that there is a £30 per head branch charge for this course.
To apply for a place please register your interest via your MyUnison account by logging in here: https://my.unison.org.uk/ and then clicking on ‘UNISON Courses’.
Instructions for how to do so can be downloaded here: Registering your interest in a course online.
If you have any difficulty creating or accessing a MyUNISON account, please get in touch with UNISONdirect for assistance on 0800 0857 857 or via their online form at https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/online-enquiries/
If you have any further queries about this course, please get in touch with the West Midlands Education Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 0121 685 3104.